Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: VarmintPaloosa 2004!
 Login/Join

posted
That is a great story! I am jealous. The honey-dos, house addition, and work at the office have kept me from getting out yet this year, and my AR15 and k-hornets are screaming for some trigger time.

I hope to get out in June for gophers before the young'ns get too big and the grass too high.

Watching shooting like that allways makes me grin!

Matt

Posts: 33 | Location: Missoula, MT | Registered: 16 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Thanks seafire and shortside.

The saga continued on Monday. I pointed the remaining three shooters (I had to go back to work) to my pubic land gopher spot. The quality (quantity of targets) has been WAY down in recent years so I've given it a break so far this spring. Each guy had a few bricks and a 10/22. They reported that they shot for six hours!! He described how the "ground was moving" "reminded him of the killing fields" etc.

Shortside, if I may suggest, I'd do you honey-do's at 115% during the off season. Really do it up nice. Then, a week or so before varmints start poking their heads up you can start reminding her about the nice job you've done, how wonderful it looks and how, next winter, you'll be back at it again. Then you can say, "If you don't mind, I'd like to take a weekend...." You'll be free!

I did a bathroom remodel last fall and finished after Christmas, its working like a charm this spring.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Got to agree with you. However, the office has been a real ball and cahain, and with the recent rains adding 1.5" into my fresh-poured basement on the addition (note to self: Two floors for an addition, including two new bathrooms and a bathroom remodel is overly ambitious), she thinks we need shingles on the roof before I leave town to go gopher killing. Trusses are ready when I am, and I should be free for a day or so by second week in June.

I am thinking of heading over to the Centennial or Ruby. Missoula just does't hold a candle to the golden Triangle (Dillon/Bozeman/Great Falls) when it comes to quality gopher hunting.

I miss living outsied of Belgrade and being able to shoot all afternoon within sight of my house.

Matt

Posts: 33 | Location: Missoula, MT | Registered: 16 April 2004Reply With Quote