Find
Notify
Tools

Whistle Pigs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rex Rat
posted
Does some one in MD or Virginia have a good whistle pig spot or can suggest one? I’ve never gone out looking and have no experience with the animal. Helping hand anyone!
Thanks
Rex

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 93 | Location: Somewhere in this multiverse | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rex rat,

I don't hunt in either state, but any farm with some open fields should have them. Just go to a property like that, that you have permission to hunt on, sit in a field where it looks like some holes might be, and wait for them to pop up in the evening. If you don't know of any farms like that, if you take Rt. 40 through Grantsville towards PA, there are some decent looking fields there. I've never hunted them, and don't know if permission is usually granted, but it might be worth your while, if I was hunting MD I'd give it a shot.

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my experience if you find Kudzu you will find ground hogs. Ride down I95 and look at for Kudzu growing along the sides of the highway. They are there.

One of Us
Picture of Rex Rat
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up!

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 93 | Location: Somewhere in this multiverse | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote