New
Find
Notify
Tools

VAIS Brake
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am about to send my rifle out to get a brake put on and would like to know what people who own the Vais brake think of them? I was going to put one on when I had my rifle built but was talked out of it. I have a .22 CHeetah mkII with a 8" twist #7 SS Shilen barrel that is shooting 75 gr. A-Maxes at around 3600 fps.
I hoped that the heavy barrel would keep the recoil down enough that I could see the shot but it don't. I believe that half the fun of Varmint hunting is being able to see your shot and I guess that means I need a muzzlebrake.

Posts: 70 | Location: MI | Registered: 28 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have several of them on rifles. The bigger the blast, the better they work. But the one on the .22-250 AI works quite well. Vais are my favorites and the fav of several friends.

Posts: 275 | Location: NW USA | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted Hide Post
Check out the topic link below:

http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006520

According to the designers, the VA Comp will allow you to see the bullet impact without the increased noise and blast associated with common muzzlebrakes.

Posts: 692 | Location: South Carolina Lowcountry | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With the addition of the brake to the barrel does it usually shoot the same groups as it did before or do you usually have to start the load developing over?

Posts: 70 | Location: MI | Registered: 28 July 2002Reply With Quote