Notify
Tools

Kansas Prairie Dog HUNT
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted
Hi
I'm Headed out to Lawrence Ks in a few weeks. I would like to take a few days and shoot some Prairie Dogs. I'll have transportation so any where in a easy days drive would be OK.
Thanks
Dr B

posted Hide Post
I don't think you are going to find any PD's in an easy days drive of Lawrence KS. Go west!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hector is right. Unless you go almost to the Colorado border, or at least 200 miles west, there are none of the furry little buggers.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can attest to the fact there are no p-dogs in the area. I live about seven miles east of Lawrence in Eudora. Just moved here from Grants, N.M., where there are millions of the little suckers, but none here. I posted on another spot about a national forest land in the southwestern corner of the state having p-dogs, but that is one hell of a long way off. I'm even having a difficult place around here to go shooting and not having it cost an arm and half a leg. While there are no p-dogs, you may bring your varmit rigs and try some coyote shooting. I've heard it is fairly good in spots just west of Lawrence, but don't know that for sure. Good Luck ... Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted Hide Post
So if I want to go all the way to Co where can I Hunt.
Thanks
Dr B

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr B

Check your private messages.

Make every shot Count!!!

Posts: 94 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you get to CO.
Just drive around the back roads til you find the dogs you wanta shootup. Then go knocking on the nearest doors. Shouldn't be too hard to get permission as long as you look responsible.

Lotta dog towns around the state. Just one catch. Can NOT shoot them on public lands. Has to be private lands only. Anti's convinced the dandies at DoW they are nearly extinct.

You get as far as Pueblo, let me know, should be able to find a place to take you along to warm up the barrels.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6001 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
There's a bunch in OK panhandle and about 75 miles east of there, too. Farmers are generally good about letting people hunt them.

Warren

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey now don't say there are a bunch of dogs in Oklahoma! you getting into my area Eeker I got a bunch of numbers for some folks up in Colorado and I might still have the information for the grasslands out in Kansas! I'll take a look and see what I can find but if you give them a call they are real helpful and will send you a packet with all sorts of good info like a map of where the dogs are, hotels, food, etc. I'll see what I have a get back with ya, but most of the time if you ask a guy where he shoots pasture maggots you'll have a better chance of getting his wife for a night than directions rotflmo Later,

Kirk

Posts: 166 | Location: Right in the middle of Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote