THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Wildlife Technologies electronic caller

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wildlife Technologies electronic caller
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have experience with this caller? Some of the professional callers seem to prefer it over FoxPro.
Thanks,
Jerry

Posts: 219 | Location: North Fork, ID | Registered: 24 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had mine about 10 years & has been great.Need to send it in for repairs. I think it's the best caller made !

There is nothing as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Judge I don't know much about that particular caller, sorry. I do use an older Fox Pro and mouth calls just as much.

Posts: 2 | Location: Blue Eye | Registered: 20 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not familiar with that call. It may be a good one.
I and three guys that I call with have FoxPros and they work very well.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I really haven't found many who have yet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Notice how many guys use a Foxpro? Get a different electronic caller if for only that reason.

My theory is because so many guys use a Foxpro (excellent caller, by the way), coyotes get used to the sounds and are less likely to respond to them after their first near-death experience. If we killed every coyote that came to the call, they won't get educated, but, alas, that doesn't happen.

Posts: 620 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, that is very good advice. They'd recognize the "voice" and not want to come to it a second time if they got burned the first one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They'd recognize the "voice" and not want to come to it a second time if they got burned the first one

About 15 years ago, my then 13yo son and his buddy shot at one I called in and they missed, but they kept lobbing shots as long as they could see him. I noticed the coyote had lots of red hair in his hip area (not from a bullet) as he runs.

3 weeks later, I am in the same area getting set up to call, and a coyote pops up about 400 yds out. I start calling with the same call as before and this guy just flat out runs away, full speed. My bino's show me very red hips, so I assume it's the same coyote.

A week later, I go in again, but this time I howl, in he comes and kill him at about 50yds.

So, yes, I think they remember the sound that almost got them skinned. I just don't know how long they remember it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That verifies just exactly what you are saying. I believe they recognize different tones/voices also. I appreciate your input. The wolves have been hunted pretty hard in our area. And just about everyone is using the FoxPro. The hunters have all been talking about how much more difficult it is to call them in now. Many thanks to you and may this upcoming year be your best ever.
Jerry

One of Us
Picture of cessna
posted Hide Post
Judge, I've had my Wildlife Tech caller for several years. I love it. It seems to be clearer, reaches farther. And unlike FoxPro they don't have a new product every month. We do a lot of calling where I live, most of my friends have dumped FoxPro and gone with WT. I to think tones and voices make a difference. If you want some more in depth information PM me.

Posts: 430 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Conservatively speaking, I'd say Wildlife Technologies was about 20 years ahead of the curve. That's actually being charitable.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe they recognize different tones/voices also

Have you ever seen a seasoned duck hunter with just one call on his lanyard?

I have been on stands where I use call 'A', with no results. Then, before I stand up, I have switched to call 'B' and a coyote stands up in the sage/grass 500yds out, and in he comes. I know he heard the first call, but something about the 2nd call made him commit, even though both calls were cottontail in distress.

Good luck.