New
Find
Notify
Tools

9422M
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How many of you guys hunt with a 9422M? For those who do, what bullet do you use for 'yotes?

Happy New Year,

Tom

Posts: 43 | Location: Greater Los Angeles | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I owned one a few years ago, but sold it when I came by a Kimber 82 in the same caliber. Compared to the Kimber, its accuracy was disinteresting. The only hunting I did with it was for turkeys. The 94/22 is a nice little gun, and while not in the Kimber league for accuracy, is certainly worth owning.

Far and away the best ammunition I have found for the .22WMR is RWS 40gr HP. It is hard to find and very pricey. But it is more accurate by a noticeable degree, and runs 100-150 fps higher velocity than typical WMR. Next to RWS, the regular WW 40gr HP is my pick. I haven't seen much luck with some of the light-bullet, high-velocity loads.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not intentionally used on yotes but I would not shy from the task with a W-W JHP. All I've ever used is Winchester, HP's and FMJ's for some purposes. Shoots to the same POI. I've found the accuracy of the 94/22M more than satisfactory, and better than I will shoot in the field. My latest(of 2) did a 3/8" group at 50 yards on it's one range day so far, don't know I need much more than that. The first would do 3/4" at 85 yards, that's the farthest I ever shot it on paper. It is sufficient in any case to curb my desire for an HMR. If I need more punch or greater range for whatever...it's available.

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote