THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: 204 ruger VS. 22-250,223 or 220 swift

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 204 ruger VS. 22-250,223 or 220 swift
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Poulsbo:

You could cover 99% of the world's hunting with a .243 and .375, so any other calibers aren't really "needed" at all. The calibers you listed aren't much different than the .204, essentially they do the same thing. The .204 has a better SD and flatter trajectory, but it isn't enough to warrant a lengthy discussion. You get a new caliber to play with, that not many folks have yet. What else could you want? The .204 will be around for a long time, IMO.

Happy Holidays!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The gap I see it filling is in the safe between the 17 Rem and the 223. I think the advantages are light recoil and fast velocity. Probably the biggest factor is the "I got me one of them Ruger 204's" for most shooters.

Posts: 37 | Location: Western Wa. | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
what will a ruger 204 accomplish that these others will not is the 204 just another flash in the pan or is it a cartridge that will be needed to fill some sort of gap??