Tools

Post your Varmint Pics!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
MAn thats a big one RM007!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of keithv35
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple with my foxpro 32. (I now have an FX5) You are going to love yours!!!!

Posts: 350 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a few quick pics. A fox and a few hares. 2020

Posts: 91 | Location: Brisbane, Australia. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TrappinJohn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
Excellent Fox! I took one in my backyard recently with my Gamo Air Rifle Big Grin

Pm Sent as well

Buglemintoday, Is that a Backstabber Ice? If so, it's a long way from here in PA where it was made Big Grin

Posts: 26 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 24 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Yes it is! I have talked to Curtis over the phone a few times. How do you know him/ the call? I have 2 of them Big Grin

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TrappinJohn
posted Hide Post
We are both members of the Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Assoc. I've met him a couple times. Curtis is a good guy, and makes great calls.

Posts: 26 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 24 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!

I've told him whenever he thinks he can make it down here I will quit my job and take him out pig and predator hunting Big Grin Big Grin
One of these days ill make it up there

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Were ya'll calling for the lion and the badgers? I hear from a lot of people that one of the best places to get a badger called in is a Prairie dog field! Those are some great animals!

Justin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Badgers are gonna be in p-dog towns and out here we have Richardsons Ground Squirrels that we call gophers, we have them by the gazzillions. Badgers love em and most ranchers would tell ya they'd love the badgers back if they just fill in their holes after they dug em.

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see the one Bob in Tx is getting mounted! If I ever get a good sized badger I am definately getting it mounted

Justin

One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Serval - Zimbabwe 2005

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Serval?

Very interesting animal!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
a few from 07

223 ultra varmint 50 gr v-max

Remington 788 222. 36 gr varmint grenades

savage 17 hmr v-max

savage 17hmr v-max

h&r 22 hornet 35 grain v-max

taurus 17hmr v-max

howaby vanguard 270wsm 110 gr v-max

loud pipes save lives

Posts: 100 | Location: New Enterprise PA | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey there Ben, nice pics. I just love seeing those pics of the dead whistlepigs it really gets my blood pumpin, ive been seeing alot of them out already this year out here in the gettysburg, york area im going out this weekend if the weather is nice to see if i can get a couple ill be using my new 22 mag and my 300 winny, should be fun. Later

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks bill, its still a little cold out for groundhog huntin up here in bedford county, Your in hog heaven down your way, I loose track of how many i see every time i go down the turnpike.

loud pipes save lives

Posts: 100 | Location: New Enterprise PA | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I am envious of your predator hunting, I have done a little in Africa, some Wyoming and Montana prairie dog and ground squirrel hunting, and shot a few corvids.

Black baboon Khomas mountains Namibia

African wildcat and springhares Kalahari Namibia

Puff Adder Kalahari Namibia.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 93 | Location: Ft. Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
those are some bigass groundhogs tunaman, what caliber is your savage?

loud pipes save lives

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Here is a little different "double".

Set up the call about 40 yards down a sendero from my position and started to play the cottontail blues.

Almost immediately, the bobcat ran out of the thick brush into the two track and started running down the right rut. Dropped it about 100 yards out and at the shot, the coyote ran out into the two track, apparently using same trail as the bobcat, looking over his shoulder in my direction. When he reached the cat, he was still looking back, and tripped over the dead cat. He got up and paused a bit too long, still looking in my direction when the 55 gr. NBT caught up with him just 10' past the cat. Smiler

A bit more conventional double was this hasrd charging pair called in to the FX5. The male was closing on the call and I was worried he would pick up my smell so barked to stop him; he would not stop so hit him head on with a 100 gr. Nosler solid base bullet from Dtech 243 WSSM. His mate broke left into the brush, crossing the sendero about 150 yards out and paused just long enough for me to hurry the shot and miss! Frowner

Hit the Ki Yi and she came back down the sendero toward her mate. The picture shows where they fell.

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 903 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ben,
My Savage is in 223, my favorite Hog load is Lapua brass Win SRP 36 gr Barnes VG 25.0 gr Vit N130 3830 fps. Here is a picture of five shots at 100 yds.
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w345/tunahunter_photos/Image.jpg

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ruck:
Just like GHD, i can sure vouch for the 6x18 with the AO, not the side focus nikon. I have one on my 25-06 and it's DEADLY. It is extremely repeatable when coupled with rock solid bases/rings. Furthest to date with it was a crow at 707 yards. GHD can vouch for the rifle. Wink

Why not the side focus?

Cowboy Up
People Sleep peaceful in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those who would do them harm
-George Orwell

Posts: 18 | Location: The Bitteroot MT | Registered: 19 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Do these count as varmints??? Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of moki
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of mine...

Wolf shot at 220 yards with 22-250 60gr Sierra Varminter Hp's @ 3580fps.

1000 lbs interior grizzly skull measures 24 1/16" shot at 230 - 250 yards with Rem 700 LSS 375RUM 300gr Partitions @ 2800fps.

Posts: 451 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here's a cute little guy I spotted doing some of his own varminting....while out shooting p/dogs this summer..this weasel drags a downed p/dog right past my shootin' table...he took him down...very aggressive critters...

Posts: 220 | Location: Utah | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Weasels are murderers of the highest degree. I used to have 2 ferrets that would kill and eat about any mouse I fed them in 3 seconds.

I always wanted to feed them a cat.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by montdoug:
Neat pics guys. Here's a couple of ours. Badger with a Cooper .17 Ackley Hornet.

The wife with a couple p-dogs and a Cooper .17 MachIV

First three rock chucks shot with a newly built .20 Dasher (BR improved with a 40 degree shoulder necked to .20 caliber). Built on a 40X. First chuck Lieca'd 497 yards.

Boo-Coo jackrabbits whacked with an Anschutz .22 Hornet Exemplar.

a Couple badgers that ran afoul of a .17 MachIV

"Best for last" the lion my son got this hunting season.

Sure nice not having one of those pesky day jobs anymore. dancing
I hope you bought those Coopers WAY before 2004!

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Weasels:

My bad....

I only want to shoot one with my camera is all... lol

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My one and only picture of a varmint with my Savage Striker in .243

Posts: 207 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Just some here and there pics...
Oregon Sage Rats...

Seafire Jr, Lefty 10/22, 6 Power Tasco Super World Class... taken at 125 yds..22 LR

Seafire Jr, 94/22, 100 yds.. May 2008

Klamath Co Oregon May 2008

Talk about handing a liberal his ass back...

and then Dad gets to take a shot or two once in a while...taken at about 200 yds, 13.5 grains of Blue Dot, 55 grain SP Hornady... not bad for something the size of a pop can..

the culprit..

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
With a little bigger 'varmint' this past month...

John Quincy Adams

One of Us
Picture of wolfhunter 2
posted Hide Post
ALL THAT LONG RANGE VARMINT SHOOTING GETS ME GOING BUT HOW ABOUT THOSE WHITETAILS OF MR GROUND DEVASTATION

Posts: 155 | Location: mn | Registered: 08 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.220 swift

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ingvar J. Kristjansson
posted Hide Post
.223 rem.

Posts: 510 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ingvar J. Kristjansson:
.223 rem.

Definitely need more info ....... Were they called in ?,, what load ?... what ranges ? How are the off sides of the hides ???

Absolutely IMPRESSIVE !!!!!!! thumb salute clap

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were shot over bait....and the range is usually from 30-100 metres. I use Hornady Sp and V-max 50 gr. with N-133 powder about 24-25 gr. if I remember correctly.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ingvar J. Kristjansson:
.223 rem.

A fun night!
Is this from this year or last.
Did you get many more.

Posts: 9 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Called this one awhile back. He came into about 5 yds from the call.

Posts: 90 | Location: Ca. | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
articfoxhunter....the photo was taken 3 or 4 years ago Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first yote shot on the run at around 30 yards or so. At first I thought she was a bobcat for as quick as she was moving and the color but realized she was a yote. All I can say is I gave her a "root canal" with my 30.06 and a 165 grain Hornady BTSP made from my handload. http://i433.photobucket.com/al...sox3006/DSC00092.jpg
http://i433.photobucket.com/al...sox3006/DSC00091.jpg

Esox357.