Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prairedog soot in Colarodo
 Login/Join

posted
Four of us are going on a vaction to Durango Co, in late May and want to do some shooting, however DOW has been less than helpful with places to go. From what I gather BLM is a start, but thats all we got. Not against driving a couple hours from Durango if theres a lot. If anybody has ideas where we can shoot some rats, it would be great.

Thanks.

one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted Hide Post
A possibility is the Southern Ute Indian Reservation south of Durango.
Southern Ute Indian Tribe Division of Wildlife Resource Mgmt

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am on the other side of the state but from what I understand there are several places near the town of Nucla CO that you can shoot pds til your hearts content. Nucla can't be overly far from Durango check it out on mapquest and make a call or two.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep Nucla used to be the site of one of the big national prairie dog shooting comps, allowing some of the local businesses to thrive during those years-- that is until the antis shut it down. Too good for the economy they says-- or some other something or other crap. Another great victory for the PETA types whilst the prairie dog gets poisoned into oblivion.

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote