THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    anyone here ever dealt with Outland Sales???

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone here ever dealt with Outland Sales???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
Outland sales feaures items like tracer ammo and their home-rolled .22 Magnum ammo, including the "Coyote Killer," a 35 grain V-Max at 2265 fps. The .22 Maggie ammo is what I wanted to try.

So, I placed an order with them in mid-January and hoped to have it in for this weekend, figuring 2+ weeks was ample time for an order to make it from GA to TX.

But my e-mails and calls have gone unanswered. Perhaps they are on vacation, or perhaps they are simply that busy.

Just curious what your experience has been...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with them, their 22 mag. ammo is great, although I haven't ordered from them in a long time.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
They may have gone to the SHOT show which is slowing up the whole industry right now.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I sent them an order in Sept and after charging my card and never receiving the ammo I tried calling and Emailing. Even sent the confirmation Email I received from them back asking if there was a problem. Finally come December thinking the company may have went under I sent a simple Email asking if they were still in business. Got a prompt reply back stating I could feel free to order off their website. I again replied to the Email asking if I could get help with an order I already placed. No response.
In January after numerous phone calls and Email I finally had my credit card company take the money back. Never heard anything from Outland but I did get the charge removed from my card.
Really wanted to try that ammo and I'm a patient man but this company only seems interested in getting your order. I'm sure if it goes through okay they will seem great. Have any trouble, good luck getting help or even a polite response.
Just my experience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought from them with no problems, 4-5 years ago.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a couple more weeks (6 total). If my e-mails and calls continue to go ignored, I will contact the credit card company.

There certainly was no hesitation in Outland Sales charging my card... Roll Eyes

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
There still has been no reply from Outland Sales. You can no longer leave a message, and my last e-mail attempt bounced.

Guess it's time to call Visa... Frowner

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

posted Hide Post
After months of trying to contact them I ended up doing the same.
They seem to respond if they think you are going to buy something (via Email) and that is about it.
Good luck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outland changed owners a few years ago and I'm not sure the new owners have a handle on it. The guy that sold it is a good friend of mine and I emailed him about this, I'll see what comes up and let you guys know.

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not much help but here's his reply:

The guys who have Outland still have their website up so I guess they are still in business. At least taking orders, not sure if they are filling orders.
I have the dies for the 22 Mag and will load them on a special order basis, plain or moly coated. I stopped making them because Hornady finally came out with theirs in 22 Mag. Hard to compete with $8.00 a box.

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I ordered some 22 mag. ammo from them yesterday and as a result of this thread, sent an e-mail indicating what I had heard (on this thread) and inquiring as to when I might expect the ordered ammo. I received a prompt response indicating he (Mike) had suffered a recent serious illness, he was back at it, the ammo I ordered was on backorder and he expected to be able to ship it in the next week or so. So far, I have no complaints.

Posts: 4 | Location: Highland, Mich. | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
They've never returned any of my calls or e-mails.

I hate to hear he has medical issues; I can certainly sympathize with that.

I have a form here from the credit card company to dispute the charge. I'll wait another week or two before going ahead with that. Two+ months should be ample time to let me know if he plans to honor the order or not.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Well, I did correspond with my credit card company, and I don't know if that affected the outcome or whether they were able to contact Outland Sales, but I finally got an e-mail, and last week, the bullets showed up. So the saga is over.

Now I have to find some time to see how my rifle likes them...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ