Feral Goats in NZ (pics)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Kinda big Varmits but

500 HA....300+ goats = Heaps of fun

A few of the locals

After 15 mins from getting out of the car
(sorry about the photo it was a overcast day)

Dunno how many we shot but lots

Regards Runas

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
WinkAre they good to eat and what do you do with the hides? beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I had a blast when I was there hunting feral goats with Top Predator.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bartsche, well the billys you just leave where they fall, they stink(they get the nick name "SMELLYS" for that reason). The younger nannys are good eating some say better than sheep (leaner meat) but the local indian community swear by them for curry, I have a chap who will buy them off me for $20 but that is skined and gutted, time & effort vs $, I dont sell too many of them.
As for hides every once and a while you do get a nice one, I have one getting done as we speak, light tan with a black strip up the back bone,it should be nice, out of the hunderds Ive shot its the only one Ive taken the skin off.

Fjold, Anit it a blast!! been out with TP my self in the past I think with three of us we shot close to 45 in a short amount of time.
The chap on the left in the photo told my wife it was the best fun he'd had with his clothes on for a long time.
This one was shot on that trip with TP

Regards Runas

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote