THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Kimber pro varmint =SS barrel?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Kimber pro varmint =SS barrel?
 Login/Join

posted
I currently own two Kimber mod 8400 classic rifles,
one in 300 wsm, the other in 7wsm. In the past I have exclusively bought heavy barrelled rifles. These Kimbers a a joy to shoot and carry. The wood on both rifles is absolutely beautiful, the triggers are adjustable like a rem 700. Both rifles shoot sub 1" groups at 100 yds. The 7wsm cloverleafs at 100 yds using 150 gr nosler ballistic tips and H4350 powder. In fact I like them so much i'm thinking of purchasing a 84m in 260 remington.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to find a clear pic of the Kimber "pro-varmint" in .223 to see if it has a Stainless barrel or not. This is the new one with a lamanated stock and a mid weight barrel. Anyone have one or seen one? I wonder what twist they put in the barrel? I've tried their web site but its never updated. Thanks! FNMauser

Posts: 170 | Location: Kentucky U.S.A. " The land that is dark with blood" | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes its a stainless heavy sporter.

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Met a shooter at local range with a Kimber,he was loading his ammo right there on the line.He had nothing but complaints about his.Caliber 7-08 Went on a guided hunt with another shooter who custom loads for people.He said he has run accross several Kimber's that shot poorly.So what about a Sako, or a Cooper?

Posts: 28 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area California United states | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With Quote