New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game callers
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings,
I'm considering the purchase of a game caller for varmint hunting and outdoor photography. I see that Johnny Stewart has a digital model available. Has anyone out there had any hands-on experience with this type of unit? I'm comparing it to the purchase of a used cassette-based caller, there always seem to be some for sale on Ebay.
Thanks,
Lou

Posts: 3 | Location: Raleigh, NC, USA | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been there done that. I would take a long hard look at the foxpro digital caller. It works very well, and is well thought out unit.

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I second the FoxPro. Have had one 4yrs., used it alot and it works great.
Hvyw8t, how are the dogs down south? Pretty slim around here the last couple of years but I keep hunting them anyway. Pedro

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have had a great year. i give most of the credit to the fox pro. there seems to be quite a few dogs this year, esp in the fairfield area. havent been skunked for quite awhile. cheers!

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Lou,

Welcome! I would go with a wireless remote unit if it fits your budget. The Loudmouth and Foxpro are both great units. Johnny Stewart is bringing out a new wireless unit in a few months as is Burnham Brothers. If you want one now check out the Loudmouth and Foxpro.

Good Hunting,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote