Find
Notify
Tools

Newbeginner
 Login/Join

Picture of sledneck
posted
Pardon my english (i am from Sweden).
I bougt an Tikka T3 super varmint in 22-250 and are wondering if anyone got any experience about the caliber.Exause me for misspelling,i am trying to post on USA forums without being kicked' out,due to my bad english.My question's are really sinsear and i would like learn more about the caliber and Tikka.

Posts: 7 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of sledneck
posted Hide Post
Sorry, i posted two times.Wouldn't happen again.

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Sledneck,

Welcome to the USA. We speak AMERICAN over here, not english. Remember that we fought the British twice and won. They are our friends now, but we started with English and enhanced it and now speak American. Don't worry about the language problems. Ask you questions and someone will give you an answer.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know exactly what information you're looking for, but I have a Savage 12VLP in .22-250 and I love it. It's highly accurate, fun to shoot, and blows the crap out of groundhogs (literally!)...

Tim

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Posts: 136 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland--Hah! | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the 22-250 is a great cartridge i shoot 52 grain match bullets out of my 595 sporter, they raise holy hell with yotes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 22-250 is a wonderful caliber to own and reload for. I have two of them right now and use them mainly on prairie dogs and coyote. I can load a 40 grain bullet light enough for my 10 year old daughter to enjoy shooting and can load up to pop a dog at 400 yards.

I believe in life, liberty, and pursuit of the S.O.B.'s that threaten them.

Posts: 130 | Location: East central Kansas | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome, the 22-250 is just about the perfect varmint cartridge, but that's open to debate and preference. Flat trajectory out to about 300 meters before you have to worry about any bullet drop, low recoil and while I don't have any experience with Tikka's I have shot Winchester, Savage and Remington varmint rigs in 22-250. If it wasn't for the fact that I already have a 223, 223AI and 243 varmint rigs I'd buy one.

Posts: 168 | Location: People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 03 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Sledneck, do not worry about your English skills, it is not any worse than other people on here who only speak English. thumb

The 22.250 is a great round for any small to medium game so I would not hunt any deer or moose with it. Small animals up to foxes will learn to fear you.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of sledneck
posted Hide Post
Many people hunt deer´ in Sweden with the 222 Remington or 223.40-60grains is the most common veight of the bullet.243 has crossed my mind but i got my mind stucked with the 22-250 Remington.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't really know what the deer are like in Sweden (hope they're small!), but even on the eastern coast of the US, it's a general conception that the .243 is about the minimum caliber for whitetails. However, it can also be an excellent varmint caliber. Plus, I don't know about the reste of you, but I like having my 11 pound varmint rig and my 6 1/2 pound deer rifle as separate guns with separate purposes.

Tim

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Posts: 136 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland--Hah! | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 22-250 is a great round. Even the guys that like other large varmint calibers will note that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the 22-250. I have personally used the 60 grn Nosler Partition successfully 3 times on the smaller deer here in the south.

posted Hide Post
I also have a savage but 110 GV in 22-250 and as I have mentoned in other forums many a human being has been kill with a 22 caliber rifle ( M16) and others. The only thing I have against using such a small caliber is the smaller the bullet the greater the need for good shot placement. So if you are capable the rifle is also, a 450 yd head shot is a kill a 450yd body shot could very well be a bad wounded animal that you will not find. I would not use my 22-250 for that perpose but I have other choices.