THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Sheriff's Model on prairie dogs ?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sheriff's Model on prairie dogs ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone having much success with Sheriff Model 45s or 44s on prairie dogs ?

With snake shot, have had to get to less than 10 feet to get more than dust off them. No penetration.

With Keith bullets success is much higher.

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope but I have a standing bet with my son that he cannot get one with his new Ruger P95 9mm.
Even a 12 ga. using 3 1/2" steel shot loads requires shots to be inside 40 yds. You don't have to ask how I know.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a keith SWC is deadly on the little guys.
Even found that a Rossi Mod 92 in 44 WCF will
work well if range is kept down. I did get one
at about 240 yards while waiting for the 12 FV 223 to cool down. Three shots. First two went over him. He was looking behind hisself wondering about those big chucks of lead landing behind him were about and the thired one took him off the mound. BOOM

Life but a knife edge anyway.Sooner or later the man slips and gets cut.
YOU AIN'T SLIPPED SIR?
How would you know son.
(Streets Of Laredo)

Posts: 112 | Location: Bonetown,South Dakota | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote