New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 BR FOR GROUND HOG'S
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking at a nice used rifle. 22BR cartridge, heavy barrel rifle(200 round shot count). I do not have any experience with this cartridge. The twist is 1 in 14. IMO this twist should stabilize the 40 and 50 grain bullets?? Does anyone have any experience with this cartridge?? The rifle also comes with a 6mm Remington barrel. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.6mmbr.citymaker.com/22BR.html

Is the neck diameter marked on the barrel ?

There is the early chamber cut for Remington brass .264 case base and the newer version cut for Lapua brass at .269 base diameter .

Glenn

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A switch barrel rig, with a 22 BR and a 6mm Rem would certainly grab my interest...

my only question would be why would someone trade in such a cool combo????

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 22BR sporter, with a srandard chamber.
I'd say it will serve you well. Mine is very accurate dropping three shots into a 3/8" group at 100 yards; nore than good enough for Groundhogs.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 22BR that is a great shooter. Mine loves Sierra 52gr Match HP. I have buster PD's in the 400 yard range consistently with it. You shouldn't have any problems with ground hogs.
My powder of choice has been H322 for my 6 and 22 BR's.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Built one up myself just for the fun of it. The rifle is accurate, shoots faster than the .223, a little slower than the .22-250, and works great with both 40 and 50 grainers.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote