New
Find
Notify
Tools

monkey pox
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know if monkey pox can spread to other animals like woodchucks or any other types of animals. thanks in advance

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
<BigBob>
posted
snowmaker,

I really don't know, but since it was passed from a monkey to Pdogs, it sounds as if it is contagious. There is also the danger that some of the owners of infected pdogs may have turned them loose when this story broke.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Woodchucks, being rodents, are likely to get monkeypox, from what I can gather. There doesn't seem to be anything that can't get it, from monkeys to rats to people, seems like it runs the gamut. We have 5 (at least) people exposed here in KY, and I hope the state is all over the idiots who try to make wild targets into pets. the story broke while we were on our way home from SD, on a ratkilling trip, so I have paid close attention, and there is something in the newspaper every day, here, because KY is surrounded by the states with the most exposed people. PDs are cute little things, and they blow up real good, but they shouldn't be made into house pets. I doubt that monkeypox will make it into the wild, though, because of all the attention and care that the state is taking in the case. They finally seem able to do something right for a change, at least here in KY. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 116 | Location: KY | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote