Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

prarie dog hunts
 Login/Join

posted
I was looking for a good prarie dog guide service and wanted to know if anybody could recomend a place? A couple of buddies and me went to Wyoming last year and had a great time. We never did run out of targets but the drive from the middle of Kansas is a little long. We were looking at Colorado, Nebraska, or the Dakotas. Thanks for the input.

posted Hide Post
I have used LWR Ranch (lwrranch.com) in Martin, SD, the last two years (four trips) and have been very happy. Their web site provides an "800" number for more info. Jon & Sherry Wik are wonderful people. Good luck ... Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I second the LWR praise. A great place, and great hosts. Going back this spring for a 4 day hunt.

Posts: 46 | Location: Maple Valley, WA | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Website?

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 46 | Location: Maple Valley, WA | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1shot

Have you thought about shooting them in your home state? I am from S.W. Mo. and I travel to western Ks. each spring to shoot Prarie dogs and have a blast doing it. The only problems we have had is that it gets a little windy at times.And you would not need a guide service.

Posts: 97 | Location: Mo. | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
If you decide to add New Mexico to your list, I can hook you up with some hard core PD hunters.....

Good Hunting,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote