THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Any problems w/Hornady .204 Ruger 32 gr. ammo?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Any problems w/Hornady .204 Ruger 32 gr. ammo?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My factory stuff is "3040065" and yeilded 4148fps during barrel breakin. I shot some more yesterday (just to get brass) and results were almost identical with a difference in group size....originally .6's, now high 4's and 5's. I like the 32's on varmints! Definite "DRT's"! Not many exits, just "jello" varmints! My load of 28.3 of H4895 is "only" doing 4089fps but putting them in the low 3's so I'll use that one for awhile! Hoping to get a chance to dicker with the Reloader 10 and Benchmark soon! One of those powders will probaly be the cat's meow in that case! Also, the VARGET testing will continue! If a varmint gun won't shoot VARGET, it's not normal! Most amazing propellent I've ever seen! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SilverFox, Figured that little "target included" deal out some 25 years ago! I don't think there is a "modern day" manufacture rifle in the safe tonite("modern day" does not include the Model 90 Winchesters or the Stevens Crackshots) that won't "rag holes" at 50 yards and not really sure about the Model 90's!!! I know I like the .204 chambering! It had a heckuva family beginning!! 222MAG!...6x47 then went the other way.....must have been that "Atkins" diet!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote