THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Lil' Gun, Fireballs, and dirty cases...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Lil' Gun, Fireballs, and dirty cases...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I often see sooty case necks on my .22 Hornet brass with 'Lil Gun. I don't worry about it, nor do I worry about the velocity variations. It just shoots great, and that's all I'm concerned about.
Regards, George.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I too see more than expected "soot" on the case necks of my Fireball brass when using LilGun, and chalked it up to whatever coatings/deterrents are added to the powder granules. I use 16.5gr behind mollied 40Vmax or Sierra hp's, with velocity in the mid-3500fps range.
AA1680 will also provide top speed with the 40gr pills, as another option, since every rifle has it's own "favorite".

Had some fun with 30gr Bergers using 17.5gr LiLGun...avg velocity was 4030fps...from a Fireball, and they grouped around 0.7", only dropping 1.5" at 200yds. Have yet to try them on a crow (no PD's in Central TX).

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Over 4000 fps in a fireball ? Now you got me thinking. Just when I decided not to mess with success in mine......I'm startin that load development thing all over again.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote