New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Remingtons New Varminter!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I went to the Remington website and looked at the new varmint rifle. It's certainly a nice piece of work, but with that thumbhole and cheekpiece I'm afraid it won't do us lefties much good. Remington, you guys sure know how to piss a guy off ! Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
British: If the Ruger 77 V/T in 204 shows up over there I would not hesitate to give it a try. Mine shoots real well with the Berger 35 gr. bullets and it shot the factory ammo into 5 shot groups in the .5", .6" and .7" range. Then the handloaded Bergers best 5 shot group was .374"! I have a 6x24 Sightron variable on this Rifle. I am a proponent of lots of scope power myself!
The speed (very flat trajectory and very little wind drift) is what sells me on this cartridge to begin with and now about everyone I know is getting really good accuracy with their Rifles in this caliber. So waiting for one I think will be worth while for you!
Cheer's to you Brits we love ya over here in the Rocky Mountains!
Good luck when yours gets there!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AnotherAZWriter: I am right with you there on the barrel bands! I simply do not care for them and have never owned a Rifle with one! I keep that to myself though as a good friend of mine is a custom Riflesmith and he loves the dang things!
I have seen some of Dale Goens Rifles and they are beautiful things! Was that Goens Rifle built on an old Model 70 Winchester action by any chance?
Keep that wife by the way! And take her shopping more often! The second VarmintWife and I have been married 28 years now and she suffers my one vice/abnormality (Varmint Hunting and Rifles) with as much tolerance as I can ever imagine anyone having!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote