New
Find
Notify
Tools

1st coyote w/204 Contender
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was feeding cattle this morning and noticed a coyote about 50 yards away watching me.I turned off the radio popped open the front window of the tractor and idled to a stop.As I was putting the sights on him I noticed his tail apeared mangy,not hairless but not bushy.As I got the sights alighned he sat and reached back to bite his ass I held in the center off the odd looking target and squeezed the trigger.He fell and then tried to get up but I had hit him in the hip breaking it and he was dead in about 15 seconds.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gophershooter

Thanks for sharing that with us. Although about five percent of the folks here are going to say 15 seconds he ran over it with his tractor. They don't believe a .204 can kill a yoter. thumb

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
let them keep on believing a 204 want kill a yote.mean while the bone pile just keeps on getting bigger from the yotes i have killed with my 204.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Johnson:
Although about five percent of the folks here are going to say 15 seconds he ran over it with his tractor. They don't believe a .204 can kill a yoter. thumb
If a 17HMR can kill a yote, than a .204 sure as hell can...

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Naaww.....gophershooter.....I don't believe that weak little 204 killed that yote . You musta whopped him over the head with your pitchfork , then stabbed him to finish off the job.....hehe

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gophershooter: Be careful around mangy (SP ?) animals as humans are also quite susceptible to this disease! My taxidermist friend in Miles City, Montana has contracted this disease (condition?) three times in the past! He figures he contracts it from Antelope which often harbor this disease (condition?).
Congrats on harvesting the Coyote with the 204 Ruger!
Put me in the column with those that KNOW the 204 Ruger has more than enough chutzpah to down Coyotes!
Keep after'em - theres plenty more out there where that one came from.
Long live the wonderful 204 Ruger!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote