Find
Notify
Tools

204 Ruger??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Ok where can I get a Ruger #1 in SS/Laminated.???

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i'm on the list here but their saying 4-6 mounths

Posts: 169 | Location: Never where you think | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Rob at "Shed Horn Sports" in Ennis Mt. yesterday to see if he'd heard anything from CZ as to when my buddies and my .204 CZ's or .17 M2 CZ's would show up, he said he had your exact rifle in stock. His number is 1-406-682-4210. Robs a straight shooter and a great guy to deal with, tell him Doug in Bozeman sent ya.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I talked to Rob at "Shed Horn Sports" in Ennis Mt. yesterday to see if he'd heard anything from CZ as to when my buddies and my .204 CZ's or .17 M2 CZ's would show up, he said he had your exact rifle in stock. His number is 1-406-682-4210. Robs a straight shooter and a great guy to deal with, tell him Doug in Bozeman sent ya.

Called him.... it was sold!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pop

Ran over to Cabela's in Sydney this morning. I asked there - was told they had a couple, but they went out the door so fast the stocks were Scortched! (My embellishment) They had no idea when they would be getting any more. Also didn't have have any GM205M or GM210M primers, or any 175 grain SMK's. Guy did tell me to try Western Sports (I think) in Scottsbluff. I might run over there Monday after I go to Dentist in Torrington. There is a Gun Show up here this weekend - somebody might just show up with some primers. If I go over to Scottsbluff Monday. I will check on a 204 for you there too.

Posts: 324 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
I finally bought a 204 Ruger today! BTW Frontier Arms got CASES of Federal primers yesterday...........so you know where to get them now....

one of us
posted Hide Post
That figures Pop! I almost ran into town on my way back from Sydney yesterday, but I just said no, they didn't say they had any due in and it's only been 4 days. I have to go to Collins on the 15th May, so if I haven't found any by then, I'll give them a call. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 324 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
here's one on gunbroker with a $639. buy now. I have no idea what the reserve is. web page

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You could call (308)262-1698 Dewey,s Sporting Goods Bridgeport, NE--He has Ruger No. 1 Rifles at times.

Posts: 193 | Location: Nebr Panhandle | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mountdoug & Pop: My life long friend Jack of Yelm, Washington bought that Rifle that Shedhorn Sports had. He bought it at the Missoula, Montana Gunshow there at the College April 17 -18. He called me late last night and had been doing barrel breakin and getting some factory ammo shot for handloading. With factory ammo he has shot many groups (he measures his groups in 1/8th's of an inch) under 5/8ths inch! Most, he told me last night, have 4 shots in 3/8ths inch and one flier that makes the groups 5/8th's inch! I should have bought the danged thing myself! It really looked nice! And this Rifle has the 26" heavy barrel. My friend Jack put a Weaver 4x16 V16 scope on it and he relayed that the trigger was "live with-able"! He bought dies and 4 more boxes of ammo from a sport shop in Washington and he has shot most of the factory now and will start on handloading today!
I will let you know how the handloads shoot!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
YUp. That is what the guy told me. "Sold right away in the Missoula Show". Yes please e-mail me any recipes if it is not too much trouble. Mine should be here in 10 days or so.

posted Hide Post
I ordered mine today M-77 stainless ultralite 204 cal.$529 bucks.Gunshop tells me about a 1 month wait.coobie

Posts: 3 | Location: Mich | Registered: 12 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys, you are all so spoiled - stop complaining about a month's wait! I have yet to see the rifles I either bought or ordered over a year ago, and it is likely to be the end of this year before I can actually start the impossible task of fitting them into my somewhat overflowing safe. You guys just have it too good, no other place in the world comes close to the US when it comes to shooting and buying shooting related stuff. So go on being spolied, but do appreciate it, damn it!
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
My 204 Ruger #1 SS Laminated got shipped yesterday......

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a CZ ordered in .204 but if I see it before snow fall I'll be pleased. POP it's up to you to keep us posted how it's shootin. I don't think I'm alone tellin ya I dieing to find out.
If you can get your hands on some of the 33grain V-Max's that they discontinued for the 32's you'd be well advised to do so. The 32's are ok but most of us are finding the longer bearing surface of the 33 is more accurate.

Mike your very right somtimes I remind myself of my kids, "I want it! And I want it NOW"!!! Not very appealing I fear. But I sure wish they'd hurry up with that CZ!

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Mike your very right somtimes I remind myself of my kids, "I want it! And I want it NOW"!!! Not very appealing I fear. But I sure wish they'd hurry up with that CZ!

The difference between men and boys...

(But understandably so, I'm not much different. As somebody in here said: "Life is short, I plan to be happy!" )
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

POP it's up to you to keep us posted how it's shootin. I don't think I'm alone tellin ya I dieing to find out.
If you can get your hands on some of the 33grain V-Max's that they discontinued for the 32's you'd be well advised to do so. The 32's are ok but most of us are finding the longer bearing surface of the 33 is more accurate.

Count on it!

one of us
posted Hide Post
montdoug, Your quote about "I'll be lucky to see it by snowfall" struck me as funny!! It might snow on you this week!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
POP, Had to deliver a batch of "UNCLE BUD'S" shooting bags to one of the shops I deal frequently with(too frequently according to MRS GHD) and my Savage 12 will be here the week of May 10th!!! So you should beat me to the range!!!! I have my choice of the Stainless/Laminated or the Synthetic/Matte. I'm taking the Synthetic/Matte. Not because of price but due to the fact that I don't think the 204 will benefit a great deal by being in a 10.25 lb rifle versus 8.5 lbs! And truck seats and tractor cabs don't mar synthetic very much!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GHD, that's another one that would interest me, the Savage. Sure would be interesting to have one of each and see what the shooting comparison was. "So many rifles, so little time"!!!!! The #1 is to me the most attractive, the Remington the CZ and the Savage in my opinion have the best chance of shooting right out of the box. One of each should be the ticket. Maybe the wife'll get a second job?
Seriously though, my Tactical .20 has quickley become my favorite varmint rifle bar none! It's the ballistic twin of the .204 and my only problem with it has been re-teaching myself not to shoot over things at longer ranges. You guy's are in for a treat.

A word to the wise.
I would consider grabbing on to any .222Mag brass I could lay my hands on, Hornady says it'll be next year before they cut loose any .204 brass for the reloader and unless you want to by factory ammo the triple duce will be your source. I got a bunch, and even formed some of it into .17 Remington, thickens the necks to where it needs turning and makes for great .17 Rem brass with a tight neck. If you do form your own be sure to meassure the necks for thickness, ought to pick up 2 or 3 thou going from .22 to .20 which should help for a tighter neck without turning in a factory chamber, but surprises do happen. Forming .222 Mag to .204 should be easy with the .204 dies just be sure not to over form or you'll get a headspace problem. The .204 is actually an improved case and you'll need to crush fit the neck and shoot a medium load to fire-form so you can blow the shoulders forward. Big things happening in the small calibers, "Way Cool"!!!

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Good Deal GHD. I got it on Sat but did not go to the range.