New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue Dot Load
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know a lot of you guys load Blue Dot powder for some of your rifle loads. I am currently loading 2400 in my 45 Colt rifle, and it is pretty dirty. I was thinking about loading some Blue Dot loads in my Browning Low Wall in 45 Colt(without a crimp). Does anyone know how dirty Blue Dot will burn?? Thanks, Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM seafire he should be able to help you.Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Blue Dot in reduced rifle loads, but haven't tried it in full-power large pistol rounds. On the contrary, I am not at all a fan of LiL Gun in Hornets, etc., but it is an outstanding powder in my Ruger .45 Colt in full power (actually, "magnum" power) loads. I would think it would be outstanding in a .45 Colt rifle. You might want to give it a try.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornH110 has given clean loading in pistol cartridges I use in rifles.A number of manuals have suggested loads for the 45 Colt RIFLE.

Acc5744 has yielded sootless shooting also.

Blue Dot has been clean in almost everything I tried it in.
You might get a more profound response in the reloading forum.,beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote