Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 223 ackley improved loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
George

I live in the Weeksville area about 7 miles from the base. I am a contractor at the CG base. We have about 52 acres of woods and I love it. Where did you live when you were here?? That would be great if you could give me some of your other data on the 223 AI. My email address is
joemerrill@hotmail.com

Thanks
Joe

Posts: 98 | Location: Elizabeth City,NC usa | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hogslayer
Just start with max 223 loads. Noslers manual has some listed. Max loads will give you the start then increase to the amount of percentage your case capcity increased. lube the case very lightly with some imperial sizing wax so the brass flows in the chamber for the fireform. Jam the bullet into the lands.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got my barrel back for David White and need a good starting load for a 26" encore in 223 ackley improved.

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Posts: 98 | Location: Elizabeth City,NC usa | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joe, I just noticed, I lived in Elizabeth City for 12 years, and really enjoyed it up there....Where do you live??/ I'll be damn.
George

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hornetfan I had not thought of the sizing wax to help the fire form.
Hogslayer

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can also put alittle oil on the case does the same as wax for fireforming

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote