Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Scope Mounted Light
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of chapster1
posted
Varmint guy ooops i all ways call them lightforce yes there are called nightforce,
$29.95 boy that was cheap even 10-15 years ago in uk they are �70 just for lamp.

Posts: 165 | Location: North Yorkshire yippeeeee | Registered: 08 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun idea but unfortunately in Kansas shooting at night is illegal except for coons and then only with a 22. I don't know all the regulations.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TriggerHappy: I have and use the Australian made "NightForce" Rifle (scope) mounted spotlight. It is the Model RMSM 140 Lance. It is 1 million candlepower and can be turned up and down in intensity via the portable battery packs rheostat that powers the light. In addition to the white light million candle power it can be fitted (quickly) with red or blue filters and can be switched on with a forearm of the Rifle mounted thumb switch!

I use this when I am Hunting alone at night.

The box my unit came in is marked $29.95 but I have had this light for at least 10 years maybe 15?

I highly recommend this unit if you have any possibility of long range shots.

Good luck with whichever you choose.

By the way the battery pack that powers this and other NightForce units (like the hand held model I also have) lasts most of a long night of calling. The battery pack recharges via your cigarrette lighter receptacle or at home from a wall outlet. I charge mine as I drive from one night calling spot to another.

Slick setups these NightForce products!

Hold into the wind

VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the Optronics Night Blaster 100yard light. I also use the head light they make. The batteries last forever before need a charge. They make a splitter that you run two lights from one battery. I leave the extra in the truck in a bag with some shake up hand warmers. I never have changed a battery yet. Customer service is good. Much brighter than the 100yarder seems to spook foxes when they get close

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do any of you guys use scope mounted lights for shooting late night critters? I've seen some advertised in some mail order places but was just wondering if anyone has any first hand experiences. I was thinking of putting a Surefire 6P in a mount on top of a scope or maybe springing for a new flashlight that's more powerful.

Posts: 83 | Location: Hampton Roads, VA | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of chapster1
posted Hide Post
We can use lamps on our rifle`s over here in the uk, for fox and rabbit/hare i use the australian light force 140/170 models VERY VERY bright and VERY light, they may look bigish but they dont seem to interfer with my shooting/or lamping as we call it, dont know there web addy but try putting lightforce in google ?
let me know how you get on
zoma@btinternet.com

Posts: 165 | Location: North Yorkshire yippeeeee | Registered: 08 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
By any chance do you know if the 250 or 350 yard models are much heavier? Though the 100 yard one looks like it could work also. The fact these all come with a red lens integral to it is definitely a nice feature.

Posts: 83 | Location: Hampton Roads, VA | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The optronics weigh nothing. All the weight is in the battery. That goes on you belt. I run the cords under my coat. Night force was hard to get, now they advertise in Predator extreme magazine. They are a great light. If I was shooting jack rabbits from the back of a truck or long range coyotes that would be the light. I have used a flashlight with red film from a craft store. Some guys use Dy-kem (sp?) they use it for inletting, you get it a welding shops on lenses. I like mine becuase it is compact and bright enough to make the shot but does not spoke game. I walk almost all night making sets so that is important.