Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Model 7 Predator
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted
Was at Barnes and Nobles with the wife, and while she was looking at "women" magazines, I picked up and thumbed thru a mag on Remington Rifles and it had a section of "whats new for 2008"....

What really caught my eye, was that evidently in response to the success of the Savage Model 10 Predator... .Remington is going to launch a Model 7 Predator...

Just like Savage's it will have a full camo job on everything, including the bolt and barrel...

Prices had no been determined as of yet, but it will include a 22 inch, magnum contour barrel.. and will be chambered ( banana ) in the 17 Fireball, the 204, the 223, the 22.250 and the 243 Win....

It will also have that new trigger that Remington is bringing out....

I am not necessarily a Remington fan first choice... but I am pretty darn excited that another company is overing this product.. and give Kudos to Remington for adding chamberings not offered by Savage.. like the 17 Fireball and the 243 Winchester....

So I am passing it on, as I thought that it would be of interest to my fellow varmint shooters and hunters...

This would/will make an excellent coyote rifle...

I also noticed on the Bell and Carlson site the other night, if you have a rifle already and want it in a predator style set up... as long as you are purchasing a stock from them.. they will complete the entire rifle to match it...

which is also pretty darn cool...

now all we need is scope finishes to match, and we would be stylin in the outdoors and varmint fields...

cheers
seafire
banana

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
Thnx for the headsup on that, I hadn't seen anything on them yet. I had been looking at a model 7 for a while for a walking varminter for a while. I might have to wait for this to come out.

Thnx for the info on the Bell and Carlson too. I was thinking about doing something like that with my Browning A-bolt in 223 wssm.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have a hard time passing that one up if it was offered in .260. With a 22inch magnum contour barrel and the new trigger ..I like it .

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
......and the 22-250 will finally have a 1:12 twist. They are catching up with Savage.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Model 7 Predator is listed on Remington's web site. The stock is listed as the same as on the XCR model. I sure hope it is a step up from the SPS stock . The MSRP is listed at $799.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_r...l_seven_predator.asp

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Yeah Leadlobber, if you are interested in a 260, check out the Stainless CDL Classic...

It has a heavy magnum contoured 24 inch barrel on it...

I like that, but I will make one on a Model 70 action instead, but it sure is awfully tempting....

I really like the heavy magnum contour on a varmint rifle... it is a good compromise between a sporter and a varmint contour..

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote