THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Ground Hog Devastation--here's one test w/AA2230

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Ground Hog Devastation--here's one test w/AA2230
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
GHD--yes, I did have the chronograph set up and the velocity is listed to the right of the target and the 4-shot average velocity at 11 feet 7 inches from the muzzle was 4,128 fps. That translates into about 4,152 fps at the muzzle!!! The four individual shots chronied at 4,141, 4,124, 4,130, and 4,117 fps. Like I said, when I get a little time, I'll try this powder with the 40 gr. Berger LTBs, but right now H322 is looking like my go to powder for the 40 gr. Berger bullets. The BC of .239 is WAAAAY better than the 35 gr. Berger FB HP which has a BC of only .191--it has some serious drop and drift issues on those LOOOOOONG range shots, but is still going to be my initial coyote load this fall when the fur primes up.

Posts: 192 | Location: Northwest North Dakota | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
What rifle are you shooting that is a fine groop for a starter. I had a Remington .223 that I traded off that on a good day would shoot 1/4" and on a bad day would shoot 1/2". I bet it will searously mess up a P-Dog.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think they are excellent groups considering you're just getting into it. I have a .222Rem. Mag. which is the parent case for the .204Ruger. It groups in the .3s and .4s but that's with a Hart SS varmint barrel. I'm sure you're going to love that .204. I'm hearing only good things about it. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote