THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Here's a customer who got a 32 gr .204 bullet

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's a customer who got a 32 gr .204 bullet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This coyote was shot from 150 yards away. He was looking right straight dead at me. My Savage 12VLP shoots these handloaded 32 gr. V-Max (Rem 7 1/2 primer and 28.3 gr. of H4895--work your way up to that load please!) at about 4,200 fps into itty bitty groups.

Anyway, he just tipped right over to his right side and didn't even twitch. You can see the cow path he had been standing on right under the trigger guard on my rifle and his rear feet are pointing right up the path toward where I was set up.

This next photo shows a splash of blood coming out of his throat where the bullet entered, but you can only see a the tiny .204 caliber entry hole where the bullet entered and there was no exit on this head on shot. He did bleed from the chest wound and also bled out his nose as evidenced by the blood on the ground. He was a 5 to 6 year old male in top shape, but not quite prime yet. I didn't weigh him, but I would estimate he would have tipped the scales at about 32 to 35 pounds.

I am going to use the 35 gr. Berger FB HP for my coyote bullet because I understand that it knocks 'em dead and doesn't do much, if any, fur damage.

Posts: 192 | Location: Northwest North Dakota | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
groundhog,

Here's a couple of other things about your post that came to mind:
First, don't you mean that the material being drawn into jackets was checked for uniformity of thickness before the actual drawing procees started. Concentricity has to do with roundness of an object. The guilding metal used for jackets comes in flat rolls. The concentricity is checked after the cup or jacket is drawen.

Second, just how many critters have you killed that makes you an expert? If you care to see some part of the predators I've shot over the years go to HuntAmerica.com, scroll down the forums to Varmint & Predators, then find A Lifetime of Predator Calling--you'll see a few of what I've called in and killed. Pedro

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pedro, I wasn't meaning to jump in your doo-doo! And I've shot a boatload of critters!!! But an expert in your field, I'm not! But overhere in the east where we don't have multi-hundred colony varmints and a coyote behind every piece of brush to practice on, I do pretty decent! And yes you are right about the terminology for checking thickness and uniformity of the jacket metal! I do know that the SPEER GOLD MATCH bullets were superior varmint killing bullets and that's why when it was announced they weren't going to make them anymore, I bought 2000 of them.....but they have long since disappeared! That was either 1977 or 1978. Sorry if you got your bloomers in a twist!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote