New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Varmint Rifles:
 Login/Join

posted
Here's a couple of mine a few different things in amongst them:

Winchester Model 70 222rem "Heavy Varmint" Will be wearing a Leupold Vx1 4-12x40

Ruger 77mk II 7mm08rem wearing a burris fullfield II 6-18x40mm:

My Current Project m38 6.5x55swede Will wear a simmons WTC 4.5-14x40mm:

Posts: 32 | Location: NSW, Australia | Registered: 30 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kjd84: Great looking Rifles you have there!
I am especially interested in the Winchester Model 70 in 222 Remington!
I may juts have to put one of those on my "look for a good deal on one" list!
I was sorry to hear the Winchester folks were going "tits up" (dying!) here recently - I predicted such would happen back in 1965. I thought it would only take 5 to 10 years - so much for my prognostication ability.
Enjoy your Rifles and thanks for the great pictures!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stormbringer
posted Hide Post
I have a question. Are you looking to sell the Simmons scope on your 222? If so let me know. I really like the Japan made Simmons Presidentials or Gold Medal Match scopes.

Varmint Guy, I know where you can get a good buy on an older 222 HB Winchester with a Leupold VXII 4-12x40. Rifle is in good shape but stock is rough.

A local gun store has it for $339.00. Give me a shout back if interested on more details.

Mike.

Posts: 94 | Location: Fruit Heights, Utah | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
VarmintGuy,

Yes mate it is a great rifle, heavy but damn I love it, its a tackholer with nothing but a trigger job!
I am saddened by the closing of New Haven too Frowner end of a great era. I have another mod 70 in 22-250 that is getting a revamp into a sporter/walk around varminter soon.

Stormbringer, I already sold that scope mate. IT sure was a good scope but I used it as part payment for my 7mm08.

Dont forget guys to come and have a yarn at the aus varmint forum Wink

Posts: 32 | Location: NSW, Australia | Registered: 30 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kjd84

There aren't many of those Winchester Heavy Varmint's in .222. Have one in 22-250 and another one in .220 Swift. The 22-250 is one of my best shooting guns with a trigger job only. The Swift hasn't even had enough rounds through it to know.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote