Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dakota predator rifles
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone own one?Do you like how it shoots? I was considering one for purchase.

Posts: 3 | Location: montana | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't own one, but fondled a 6mmbr in S. Dak last week. It seemed to be a pretty nice package but I didn't care for the design of the pistol grip - too long and not very good looking. I also would like a trigger that would go down to 6 oz or so - but didn't dry fire the store's gun so don't know how the factory 1 lb trigger is.
But I'd love to try one out at the range.

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Montanacb,
There have been three Dakota predators listed on Gunbroker recently. You might do a google search. Guns America had a couple also. You might even take a look a Coopers, unless your politics get in the way. I've owned a bunch of Coopers an have yet found one that would not shoot 1/2 moa with decent handloads. Triggers are adjustable, but not down to six ounces.

Nomo4me.Are you for real. A factory gun with a 6 oz trigger. You've got to be kidding. Do you really know how light 6 oz is. Set Triggers break at 9 to 12 oz. You've got to go to a jewell or equivalent. Name me a factory/semi custom with a jewell trigger or equivalent. Out of the 100+ factory and customs I've owned only four would break under 20 oz, and none of them even approached 6 oz.
GWB

PS: Post a pix of your six ouncer and I'll show you my niner.

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOL
Cool yer jets Geedubya
I have my Jewell set to about 4 oz on a 6 x 47 Lapua. Works great.
Folks on the interwebs get a good taste of their foot when they make too many assumptions.

On this board it seems it's often booze that lubes up the synapses and axons and emboldens the fingers to type away.

quote:
Originally posted by Geedubya:
Montanacb,
There have been three Dakota predators listed on Gunbroker recently. You might do a google search. Guns America had a couple also. You might even take a look a Coopers, unless your politics get in the way. I've owned a bunch of Coopers an have yet found one that would not shoot 1/2 moa with decent handloads. Triggers are adjustable, but not down to six ounces.

Nomo4me.Are you for real. A factory gun with a 6 oz trigger. You've got to be kidding. Do you really know how light 6 oz is. Set Triggers break at 9 to 12 oz. You've got to go to a jewell or equivalent. Name me a factory/semi custom with a jewell trigger or equivalent. Out of the 100+ factory and customs I've owned only four would break under 20 oz, and none of them even approached 6 oz.
GWB

PS: Post a pix of your six ouncer and I'll show you my niner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own a pair, one in 17 Tactical and one in 20 Tactical. I love these rifles.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a beaut!
I gots to get me one

quote:
Originally posted by eurocentric:
I own a pair, one in 17 Tactical and one in 20 Tactical. I love these rifles.