THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Remington's Power Lok HP of yesteryear????

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington's Power Lok HP of yesteryear????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I found a box of these out in the gun room loaded in 223, 55gr HP.

Does anyone know how they will stack up against the newer varmint bullets? Are they explosive? I'll use them for coyotes.

The box is aqua blue with red lettering, pretty cool! Marked "Kleen Bore"

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They well kill any yote you shoot with them and hit properly.

Posts: 19570 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I use 50 Gr. HP's all the time in my 22-250. I bought 1000's when they were dirt cheap. $50. a 1000, only have 2000 left, been shooting for about 10 yrs. Excellent for PD's and sage rats, but don't know why the wouldn't work for coyote.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Out of a 223 will they still perform like a varmint bullet? Will the 1:7 twist cause problems?

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
Out of a 223 will they still perform like a varmint bullet? Will the 1:7 twist cause problems?

Perry

Yes, they will still perform like a varmint bullet. And no the 1:7 twist shouldn't cause any problems.

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use lots of them back when they were cheap. Very accurate for bulk bullets. And yes, they are explosive.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know a couple rancher wives ( a mom and a daughter) that were 100% successful in killing deer and elk with that bullet in their 22-250 and a 223..Usually out the back door while they fed at the haystack..Kept the larder filled. I was amazed in that they took heart shots behind the foreleg. Range was less than 75 yards as a rule. they liked that bullet, but today they use handloads that I gave them with 60 gr. GS Customs, they seem to like them as well.

I have shot a couple of deer and more than a few hogs with the 22-250 and those old powerlokts and got thru penetration on deer and most of the time on hogs.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the bullet, bur they don't like fast twist barrels. Shot some really nice groups out of 223s with a 1/12 and 1/9 twist barrels, but with a 1/7 twist barrel they didn't make it to the target 100% of the time and accuracy was lacking.

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote