Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: CZ .17's
 Login/Join

posted
I just got home from Bozeman where the cz was. Now it is in nw. mt. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.
by for now
libby-man

Posts: 9 | Location: libby,mt., usa | Registered: 26 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's as fancy as I said huh? I'm betting it does shoot as well, I've got 3 CZ's and they do shoot. If you go to "Rimfire Central" there's a guy named Brookie who sells a trigger kit for that CZ for about $12.00 I think, really slicks up the trigger, also I floated the barrel with sandpaper and a dowel. Mine shoots the smallest 5 shot groups at 100 yards of any rimfire I've ever shot. Swap ya stocks? Congrats on your purchase.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Libby-man

I also saw that CZ but have a ruger now. did have cz but traded for the ruger. dumb trade. by the way, i grew up in libby, live in helena now. may or may not know ya.

good luck with the cz. i buy my .17 ammo at brass and bullets in kalispel. paid 8.95 for hornady per box.

Tony Rebo

Posts: 6 | Location: Helena, MT | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
For all the shooters that shoot a lot of .17HMR,
Widners(8oo-615-3006) has CCI&Hornady by the case
for$298+ shipping. This makes it $7.45 + shipping.
Just a bit of info.

Posts: 9 | Location: libby,mt., usa | Registered: 26 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure there's freight? Widners is usually freight paid over $100.00 . You shoot that purty gun yet?

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The info came from Widners add. from The Shotgun News.
No, I havent shot it yet, but if it shoots as good or
better than my Ruger I will be sat. The Ruger will shoot
5 shots in the same target that you can cover with a
dime at 100 yds. Stock out of the box, just cleaned the
barrel with Eds Red and cleaned the trigger mech. and
lubed with light grease. Scoped the Ruger with
Burris Fullfield II 3x9. Does shoot good.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi all you Montana guys! Since this appears to be an "all-Montana" group, I thought I would say hello from Jefferson County, Montana.

I have been eying up that .17 HMR but read reports indicating it is best used for very small varmints. What do you guys think? Anyone ever plug a coyote with one? It sure should not tear up as much hide as my Swift or my .243.

Posts: 37 | Location: Montana | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote