Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Grass Is Getting Tall!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted
I had another wonderful day with the 25-06 today....I Shot the first ground hog at 380 yds, and then 2 more at 300 yds, give or take a few!!! The old Savage F110 just keeps getting better!!! The V-Max 75 gr. bullets didn't even exit on two of the hogs. It was hotter than hell out there, but with shooting like that, I hardly noticed!!!

It was a really good day.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello DMCI,

I really like your Cooper with the ventilated stock. That's
certainly one sweet looking rifle. I saving for one now and am almost there. All the ones I've encountered are very accurate. I think it's well worth the little extra it cost. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, Congrats on the 25-06 kills! "Varmint rifle from Hell" in the eyes of the varmints!!!!! Load yourself up some 85 grain Noslers ahead of 57.0 grains of Reloader 19 and try that!(Try the CCI-250 mag primers also with this one) Should give you about 3600fps(+or- a few....3614-3585) in 26" barrel and a helluva thud when it connects!! Also pretty darn accurate from the bench to boot!!! GHD......"pastor at the church of GHD....25-06!!!!!" PS: If anybody out there has any of the old 90 grain Winchester P.E.P.(postive expanding point) bullets laying around, let me know!!!! Will trade whatever it is that you think you need for them(bullet wise)! A "badder ass" varmint bullet has never been found!!!!!!

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of Rl-19, and have been looking for a load to burn it up. I'll check that one out. Right now I'm using IMR 3031 (I forget how many grns.) with the 75 grn. V-Max. It crosses the chroney at 3550 fps, which suits me pretty well. The accuracy is better when I load with the 100 grn Noslers and IMR 4831. I have been tempted to try the Nosler 85 grn. ...someday! My bbl is 24 inches.

Today I took the .22 Mag out for a walk in a farmers meadow and shot one in the head as he was peeking out at me!!! He was only 50 yds away, but it's all good!!!

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, Try 58.0 grains of H4831 and CCI-BR-2 orimers with the 75 VMAX's and then try 55 grains of Win 760 with the 75 VMaxs also. Both are pretty fast and they both were pretty accurate out of my 24" barrels!! Good job on the chuck last evening! At least you got some exercise instead of working a keyboard! I went out but didn't find but one chuck. He didn't stick around to play!!! Never fired a shot!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote