THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Weaver 6-20 GRAND SLAM reticle Questions-Montdoug?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Weaver 6-20 GRAND SLAM reticle Questions-Montdoug?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The duplex dot is different from the fine crosshair dot. I have 3 of the fine crosshairs dots. the dot is an 1/8th inch and for me works very well. The duplex dot has to much stuff in it for me and I find it a bit distracting, I'm not sure of the dot size. I'm thinking that after a long day shooting the duplex dot your eyes would tire, but I've never done it.

Currently I'm waiting for a Grand Slam to get back from T. K. Lee with his dot system in it, should be fun.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Can you give me more info on TK Lee?

Thanks,
Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kory if your asking what it does it's this. You figure the ballistics of the load you want the scope tailored to, either with a ballistics program or better yet actual shooting tests at the desired distances . For me it's my Tactical .20.
So here's what it does. The center dot hits point of impact at 200 yards (that's .6 high at 100). The second dot down hits to point of impact at 300 yards. the third dot down hits to point of impact at 400 yards. And the fourth dot down (you guessed it) hits to point of impact at 500 yards.
I also had one windage dot on each side of center set at 3 minutes for a point of reference in the wind.
Real handy for varmints, out to 200 you aim right at em, as the distances lengthen you just use the appropriate dot.
My Tactical .20 fortunately for me has two loads, one with a 33 grainer at 4,200ish and a 40 grainer at 3,900ish that are so close ballistically they both work all the way out with the same dots.
That's the plan, I've included the link to his site. Hope that helps. http://www.scopedot.com/

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote