New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ factory rings?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am waiting to order my new CZ 527 with the new H-S stock in .223 and I am wondering if anyone has tried the factory rings that CZ has? If they aren't worth my time I'll look for a good set elsewhere. I'm just looking for a weaver-style set that won't cost an arm and a leg. I'm used to buying machined bases and turn-in rings so I don't know much about weaver style rings. I can't wait to get this rifle and get some loads developed for yotes and PDs. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dog-duster

Posts: 61 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 527 in .221 fireball came with factory CZ rings. I don't see a problem with them. The are to damn high but they have to be for the bolt to clear the scope.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like the 527 American comes with rings. The varmint models do not, as I have one and went with a set of B-square rings, which are lever detachable (they tend to stick out a little and may not be clean enough for a carry rifle. I am in the process of ordering a set made by Burris. It may take 4 or 5 days to get them, but could let you know what they look like. the medium height seemed to clear a 42mm obj. and the bolt barely clears the eyepiece, but comes up nice to eye level. Think you will realy like the CZ, especialy the set trigger......KEN

Posts: 42 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt,

My rifle FINALLY made it in and I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I will break in the bbl with some Win white box 45 gr hp. Maybe I'll have enough time to try some of the V-maxes and Blitzkings I loaded for it. I'll let you know how it goes. BTW my rifle is just the same as the one you are looking at getting.

Posts: 61 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since we are on the subject, I am waiting on receipt of my new CZ 550 Varmint Laminate 22-250, which should be in early next week. Do they include rings with this rifle? If not, I understand Warne, Burris and Talley make them as well to fit this rifle. However, if I am putting a 6.5-20x40mm Leupold on it, what height do I need to get? I hear the bolt requires a good deal of clearance.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I just took ownership of my 550 last night. I plan on writing a review later on, so I won't go into what I think of it yet.

I asked the folks I bought it from to include the CZ rings, which they did. However, they are the wrong rings. I was really disappointed since I was looking forward to shooting it this weekend. Anyway, the rings they sent were way too small for the base on the 550. I'm guessing they were for a 527 or something smaller. Anyway, what size do I need? Is it the 19mm rings that will fit? Will the medium height Burris rings work, or do I need something higher? How do the Warne compare to the Burris?

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote