Notify
Tools

Bagged One With the Blast
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted
This definitely counts as bagging a varmint, if a little one:

As I was shooting offhand this evening with my M91/30 Mosin-Nagant at the 100 yard target, concentrating on the front sight, I saw a wasp fly through my field of vision, probably a mud dauber. It was several feet in front of the muzzle and probably a couple of feet to the side when I squeezed off the shot. I saw it go down. Called a cease fire and walked out where it was crawling around in the gravel. Had antennae, but no wings. They were cleanly gone, like they were never there. I ground the wasp up with my foot. That shock wave's got a lot of energy!

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Did you hit what you were shooting at or did the Wasp deflect the bullet? Probably burned them off with the muzzle flash. Shot a fly crawling on my 100yrd target once Just lucky I guess.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
I hit what I was shooting at, but it wasn't the wasp. I think the shock wave just ripped the wings off. I saw it go down, it was in clear air.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote