THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Remington 125 grain psps for 30-06

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 125 grain psps for 30-06
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys i was wondering if any of you used these or heard of anyone who used these before. Its not the reduced recoil load, These are actually chronoed at 3160 fps with a pretty good trajectory. Just thought i would ask to see what i may be able to expect out of them, these will be for ground hogs and coyotes. thanks.

Posts: 163 | Location: York Pa | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Shooter973
posted Hide Post
I've used them once on a Mule deer and it went down like it had been pole axed. Good bullet placement but it was still amazing!
No experiance on varmints yet! wave

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posts: 347 | Location: Ogden, Utah (Home of John M. Browning) | Registered: 08 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used the 125 grain NBT in Weatherby 300 on groundhogs and crows. It is explosive to say the least.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey guys thanks for the replys, what kind of accuracy did you all get from them

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesAt 35yds. a jack rabbit just totally comes apart. popcornroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great i love the red mist factor, im goin to the range tomorrow to try'em out ill keep you all posted

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I shot those in my "06 Mauser sporter with a max load of 3031 and they were very accurate. I got a big bulk lot they shot so well on paper, but I never got to shoot a game animal with them.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I went to the range today and shot these 125s and i was happy overall with them i got a group about and inch from ctc at 100 and i thought that was good considering they are a factory load and my rifle is an old sears roebuck made back in the early to late 50s. I'll try and get out this week to get get some critters and if i do ill post pics. Thanks for the input. Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
If they will shoot in your gun they are fine for varmints, but they make a mess of blood shot ruin on deer...and sometimes the fail to penetrate if bone is hit, like on the shoulder.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote