THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Calling coyotes while wearing hunters orange

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling coyotes while wearing hunters orange
 Login/Join

posted
In Michigan we have to wear hunters orange during the day while calling coyotes. Can the coyotes see this? I normally wear in the orange then loose it while calling. What are your thoughts, can the coyotes see the color? What would you do?
Skinner2

Posts: 5 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2003Reply With Quote
<cobra>
posted
I just wear an orange cap with my normal white camo. They'll never see it. There eyes are a lot like a deers, from what I've been told they see it as a grayish color. Most animals that don't appear to be able to see in color see movement very well, a biological trade off for survival. Orange is no problem. I've actually dropped a few during gun deer season while in orange head to toe while sitting, motionless, along a hedge row as they came at me across a corn field.

[ 01-11-2003, 04:48: Message edited by: Cobra ]