THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    "AR-15-The Perfect Predator Rifle?"

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"AR-15-The Perfect Predator Rifle?"
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
My latest article for "AR Guns & Hunting" is out: "AR-15-The Perfect Predator Rifle?"

Here is the link: http://www.arshunt.com/arshunt/201012#pg14

NOTE: The second page, Page 15, is an ad, click past it.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Bob, what kind of light do you have mounted on your AR?

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone tried an AR57? Yeah I know its kind of an overkill gun with an underkill cartridge, but its might make sense in semi urban areas where the .223 is likely to attract the wrong kind of attention.

Posts: 421 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob; yes I would like aN ar. Would redally like one in 6x47 orone of the 6.5 rounds. But 8 sure wouldn,t turn one down in 223 or any other good fur chambering . This phone is only an 8 gig so I havn't checkedx out your arfticle yet . GreAt to still b redadxing your posts ..

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Sorry about my big thumbs not such a good typist yet .

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Well I messed up there again .. I ment the 6x45 .just a necked up 223 case an 85gr. Tsx @ 2800fps should be great for the full run of predator hunting from fox to wolves . .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While there are a lot of good ones around the LaRue Stealth 20 inch tops the AR list for me. In bolt maybe 223 AI for predators and just up from there. Just got a true custom built in 6.5 -08 .260 Rem that rung the plates out at 800 with the Bergers - but cant get but one at a time loaded. Not 30 LOL! Smiler

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
RREESE-That is a Coast Lenser V2. I am going to be using an Elusive Technologies Red Kill Light soon. The V2 is bright and has great battery life, but it is a white light.

Bob

V2 Lenser

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob. Another question: Do you think the red light is more effective than green?

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
The green gives you more light and I have used one successfully, but I still prefer the red for predators. I think the green is great for feeders and for lighting up hogs though.

Bob