New
Find
Notify
Tools

Middle East Varmints?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I don't intend this as political, otherwise I would have posted this on the Crater.. the political forum here on AR...

Anyone tried ordering bulk bullets in 22 Caliber, Lately????

Seems everyone under the planet in both back ordered and/or not taking any more orders for the near future...

The manufacturers are trying to meet demand for the "War on terrorism"....

then I guess others are just trying to stock up, based on the shortages...

But varmint and target shooting is going to get kind of rare in 22 caliber if this keeps up...

We cant' get the stuff, and the stuff we get, the price is going thru the roof!

Heck, I can't even afford the high gas prices to get to the rifle range! This $3.50 a gallon is BS on top of it..

Anyone else considering a new hobby that isn't so expensive or fuel related???

This is getting ridiculous!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
I have stocked up on 60 Gr Vmax's, but I need a few more before I head back to western Nebraska.

They are getting a bit scarce.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire/B17G:
Anyone else considering a new hobby that isn't so expensive or fuel related???

Nope. But I am looking for a second job for the wife. I figure I win in several ways..... Wink

Jim

Please be an ethical PD hunter, always practice shoot and release!!

Praying for all the brave souls standing in harms way.

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
and here I thought this was going to be about 'sand monkeys'.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't noticed any problem locally getting bullets; I haven't tried ordering in bulk either. Sportsman's Warehouse seems to keep most of their stock up pretty well.

Regarding fuel costs, I timed it right - I've been paying off all my debts (I was an idiot) homer , and it frees up a lot of cash. The cost of gas is a pain in the butt, but it's a "manageable" expense. Regarding my own situation, life is a lot easier when you handle your money well.

Posts: 119 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: 05 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZ223:
I haven't noticed any problem locally getting bullets; I haven't tried ordering in bulk either. Sportsman's Warehouse seems to keep most of their stock up pretty well.

Regarding fuel costs, I timed it right - I've been paying off all my debts (I was an idiot) homer , and it frees up a lot of cash. The cost of gas is a pain in the butt, but it's a "manageable" expense. Regarding my own situation, life is a lot easier when you handle your money well.

Sounds like another Dave Ramsey convert! Way to go! AS for Sportmsman's Warehouse, does yours have any small rifle primers in stock? Our's doesn't. Frowner

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2ndtimer - Yeah, you got that right! Shaved my head and drank the KoolAide!

I got a carton of WLR primers recently; Maybe I just managed to get in before they ran out. I'll check there this weekend and let you know.

One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
Remington 9 1/2's are like finding Atlantis around here. Well pretty much its getting to be any primer but those just dont exist.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked today; Sportsman's has a couple boxes of Winchester small rifle (100ct.), and several cartons of the large rifle and various pistol sizes.

Is there a looming shortage here that I'm just oblivious to? Wouldn't be the first time...