New
Find
Notify
Tools

Longer Range Coyote Load
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Would have liked to take the pic where we were hunting, but I forgot the camera as well. Took the pic in our back yard.

Thanks all for the congrats.

Work is getting real busy so I will have to hang up the calls until next Winter, but am happy that it ended on a good hunt.

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After giving all of the above some time to gel I think I am going to develop the 7-08 with 110TNT's loaded down to a little over 3000fps. I did some energy calcs and the 7-08 energy @ 300yrds is about equal to the 22-250 @ 80yrds. I realize that the 110 is more bullet to stop than a 52, but it is a TNT and I might be able to use it on 200mChicken and 300mPig silhouettes (maybe even 385mTurkey on a calmer day, gotta stick w/168's for the 500mRams) which would offer a moderate recoil compared to my 139gr load for these silhouettes. In reality only about 20% of my stands could even give me a shot at this range, but in the future it would be nice to have the 7-08 set up for the real long shot if a dog holds up and I feel good about the shot. The 223 would be set up with one of my kids and/or me on the shorter shots. Again, in reality, I bet I won't shoot the 7-08 more than one out every 15 shots that we take with the 223.

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If that 223 has a 1/9" twist use the 75 gr A-Max. I shoot that bullet in my 24" Ar and I have a fast twist 22-250. Excellent results but forget the hide.

Posts: 202 | Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA | Registered: 18 February 2001Reply With Quote