THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    300 AAC/Whisper as a varmint cartridge?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 AAC/Whisper as a varmint cartridge?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Anyone shot any varmints with the 300 AAC/Whisper? How much did it blow them up?

I had my dealer find me a 300 and she told me she had to check on Monday to find out if it was the Remington M7 or the new Ruger American Coyote.

I need something for coyotes, live in a good coyote area with unlimited public land.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I built a 30 Whisper for a coyote shooter, he uses a suppressor and shoots coyotes as they come into the ranchers feedlots. Fur damage is minimal as the 200+ bullets don't expand at the low velocities. I have shot coyotes with the 308 and 168 Sierra match and as long as the shot was in the rib cage the hole was small, hit the shoulder or hip and there was not much left to retrieve.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote