Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Savage 12FV
 Login/Join

posted
I looked at the 12FV recently when I was looking for a new .223. I thought the heavy barrel/sporter stock was kind of awkward. I decided to get the 12 BVSS instead, but I like heavy rifles anyway. I'm glad I did. It is an absolute tack driver. If you can spend a little more, look at the BVSS.

Posts: 9 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am seriously looking at buying a Savage 12FV in a 22-250 for punching holes and punching varmits. I will be putting a Bushnell 4200 4-16X40 on it and shooting handloads. Unfortunately, there are no local gun shops that carry this model in stock (at least right now) so I am not physically able to get my hands on it to get a feel. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with this model or able to give me any advice / suggestions regarding this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Brandon

posted Hide Post
johnnynighthawk,
What kind of bases / rings did you have to go with on the Savage Model 12?

one of us
posted Hide Post
MarmotHunter is not exagerrating about his 22-250! It shoots! GHD is his witness! You probably will find either model of the Savages to be more than acceptable for your needs! If you have a chance to see one, look at the VLP(Varmint Low Profile) model also which is new this year. GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 12BVSS in .22-250, and it is awesome! I wouldnt trade for anything. Just make sure you get the Accu-Trigger! The guys at Savage are geniuses! I have been shooting Winchester USA rounds (I bought a box of these at Wal-Mart) and they were awesome! Unbelievably, the Winchesters did much better than the $20 box of Fed. Premiums I bought! Go for the gusto, and buy the BVSS...that is my opinion!

Posts: 157 | Location: SW Virginia | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just picked up some cheap Weaver bases and Leupold rings to fit.

Posts: 9 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote