THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    22 K-Hornet / 40gr. V-Max and Bullfrogs (Pic)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 K-Hornet / 40gr. V-Max and Bullfrogs (Pic)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted

13.0 grains of Lil Gun with a 40gr. V-Max out of a CZ 22 Hornet reamed to K-Hornet. Let me just say the impact was memorable. Big Grin Shot at 30yds. they splattered the underside of my pier.

Congressional power is like a toddler with a hammer. There is no limit to the damage that can be done before it is taken away from them.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perforator: That is one Varmint (Bullfrogs) that I don't think I have added to my all time list! I better check and see if amphibians are considered Varmints here in Montana!
Do you head shoot them so you can eat the legs?
If so maybe they are a Game Animal down your way?
Great pictures by the way - they are a bit gorey though even for me! LOL!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
When I want frog legs I go to one of our fantastic Cajun resturants. These frogs just present too tempting a target to pass up. As you can see, a center body shot from the side will practically gut em. Ask our friends down in Australia if frogs / toads can become varmints or not. Anyway, a really soft body and V-Max bullets make for high entertainment. Big Grin

Congressional power is like a toddler with a hammer. There is no limit to the damage that can be done before it is taken away from them.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perforator ,
Cane toads are a poisonous introduced pest that kill any predator that eats them . Not protected and can be killed in any manner that could be described as humane . Get caught shooting native frogs of any species here and you'd be in deep sh-t .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sure looks like a fun thing with a 17HMR too

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
sure looks like a fun thing with a 17HMR too

I reckon it would also be funny with a .300 RUM and 150 gr Nos bt's loaded to 3800 fps Big Grin

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote