New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 6mm/284 Accuracy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I also have shot that load thru my 6x284.I chron it at about 3,400 out of a 26'Hart Varmint contour HVY BBL.Now that group you have is mighty fine. I bought my 6x284 as a caliber that beats a 240 Weatherby Mag. So I try for 3,600 for a 87gr Hornady V-MAX.I get 3,650.With 53.0gr of H4350 and Fed Match primiers..I get groups like that also.How long is your BBL? Are you one of the Long Barreled people. 28"30"I already am out of lenght space for my 26"Barreled Varminter.I want a hunting rifle not a javelin stick for trac compition.

Posts: 28 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area California United states | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ironworker,

Guys in your country I spoke to when sorting all the details out said that I should be looking at 30 inches, thats why I went for that length.

I tried 51 grns of AR2209 (H4350)as well that gave me superb accuracy. Velocity with that load out of my 30inch barrel was just a tad over 3600fps.

So, that gives me something to think about I guess.

Regards,

Michael.

Posts: 20 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote