New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rifle!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Howdy to all out there. I just purchased a new Win M70 Coyote in 243WSSM. I had this rifle ordered at one store for over 4 months now, then as I was walking down the row of new rifles at the Kittery Trading post I saw it. So I cancelled the ordered one and bought the in stock one. It must be the only one in this state, as I have called all the shops that I know of and they had no idea when they were going to get one. The nifty thing is that it is all blued. I have only seen them pictured/advertised as blued reciever and stainless barrel. Anyone else have one of these?

I am putting a Weaver Grand Slam 6-20x40 on it. I will hopefully be able to get to the range this weekend to test it out. I will report back on its performance.

Anthony

Posts: 79 | Location: Maine | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
antonio...

The Kittery Trading Post is a dangerous place to go...they have way too much tempting inventory! I do almost all of my business with a local (to me) shop, but sometimes I like to go and look, as KTP certainly has significant stock.

I haven't seen a Coyote in anything other than laminate stock/blued action/stainless barrel...let us know how it shoots! I am interested in your experience with the Grand Slam, as well. I am considering the Grand Slam and Nikon Monarch for scoping an imminent Remington 700 VS arrival...

Posts: 120 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well the first trip to the range might not be for a week or two now. I went to put the scope on it and the mounts were the wrong size. I either read the specs wrong or they sent the wrong ones. Oh well I'll eventualy have a rifle to put them on. I am headed over to the midway site now to try and find the correct set of mounts.

Later
Anthony

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Anthony,

Congratulations on getting what you wanted. That can be a chore today. I hope it performs well for you. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cal. It sure can be a tuff job getting what one wants, but it all works out in the end. I am off to the range tommorow to give it a test drive. I'll report back with the results.

Anthony

one of us
posted Hide Post
Antonio, Congrats on the new rifle! Hope it shoots great. I know what it's like to wait for one! I just got my Savage 204 on Wednesday...had 3 shops waiting and I'd told them all, whoever got it in first I'd take it! I shot a Browning 243WSSM in for a guy a couple weeks ago and all he had was factory 100 grain loadings and they chronygraphed 3150! That's scootin a 6mm 100grainer pretty good! It shot well too! I had him hitting 2 liter pop bottles at 400 yards regularly! GHD PS: The barrel will heat pretty darn quick with this one!!!

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote