New
Find
Notify
Tools

Target Turrent Knob options
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Was surfing the net and came up with a site called Mueller Optics.. Don't know if any of you ever heard of them.. seems like they have some good ideas... and super reasonable prices on scopes...

I know this is better on the optics forum, but I don't know how many of you stop there, and thought this might be of an interest...

they had the following link to a company in California that make laser etched target knobs to fit a wide variety of scope with a wide variety of options...

thought this might be of interest to some of our fellow varmint shooters...

anyway> http://www.kentonindustries.com/pics/picbytype/

regards and cheers
seafire
beer

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
Thanx seafire. Thats neat.

Bill

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at those Turrets also. Would like to talk to someone who tried them.

Mike

vmthtr@new.rr.com
920-562-4134

Posts: 224 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 08 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
been using some muellers for about 3 years. got on them thru the optic zone, but they don't carry them anymore. cheap scopes dollar wise and ceretainly not the optic equal to top grade stuff, but i haven't had a bit of trouble out of them. only problem is the eye relief is fairly close on the 8-25. even have one mounted on a 50 with no grief. pretty good stuff

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used a Mueller also. Decent scope. I was talking about the Kenton Ind scope caps.

Mike

vmthtr@new.rr.com
920-562-4134

Posts: 224 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 08 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Mueller 8.5x25x50 Eraticator and it comes with a fairly decent set of target turrets.

life member NRA (Endowment)
member Arizona Big Horn Sheep Society
member Arizona Antelope Foundation
member Arizona Wildlife Foundation

Posts: 146 | Location: Oracle, Az. | Registered: 01 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have been toying with idea of getting turrets of another brand, but am sceptical. The manufacturer list the caliber and bullet weight I load withb, ut ma not sure if this would work as there's little chance they used the same bullet, brand, type and velocity as I load. Can anyone explain thuis to me?

7mm. guy

shoot straight or shoot often.

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
A target knob doesn't matter what caliber or what bullet and load you are shooting...

you zero your rifle at 100 yds, and then set the target turrent on zero.... not that there are 4 hash marks and then the number one...

each hash mark represents raising your scopes point of impact up 1/4 and inch at 100 yds,...

Looking at trajectory charts should tell you, that knowing your velocity, that if you want to hit a target holding dead on at say 300 yds, then you need to crank your scope up 4.5 inches at 100 yds... so you crank your target turrent up to 4 and a 1/2...which would be 18 clicks up...

however, when you want to return your zero to one hundred yards, you turn the target turrent back to zero..

Is that what you were looking for??? if not then I didn't understand your question evidently...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The target knobs from Kenton are load specific. If you look at the pic I posted from the web site, it is etched for yardage. turn to the yardage the target is at and fire.

Mike

vmthtr@new.rr.com
920-562-4134

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to high jack this thread. I got to looking at the ballistics tables for all the books I have and they were all within 2 inches of each other out to 500 yards and this system goes to 450 yards, so that makes a little more sense as to how they can develop a single turret for any bullet.

7mm. guy

shoot straight or shoot often.