New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headspace in Contenders?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who here has gone through the head space correction procedure as described by Mike Bellm for Thompson Contenders?
How much difference will correcting whatever the factory spec is in terms of accuracy?

Thanks.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His system works very well. It will definitely end a misfire problem due to action gap. I have seen a few that would not fire some shells. If you shoot a lot then his head space gauge is worth the money. I have one.

He also does an incredible trigger job. He has done two for me. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Well Express, you have the luxury here of being able to get it from close to the horses mouth...

Mike is a personal friend, as we live in the same town.. and I take him out varmint shooting...

I am not a Contender Guy, but I know the man knows his stuff...

you got any questions you need answered directly, drop me a PM and I'll get you and answer.....strictly you being a fellow forum member... I am not Mike's answering service.. he is a busy guy.. but I'd be glad to help you out if needed...

cheers
seafire
beer

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote