THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Ordered a cz 550 Kevlar .308 Varmint

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordered a cz 550 Kevlar .308 Varmint
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just ordered a cz 550 Varmint Kevlar in .308....................as we get nothing in Australia this is a special order and I suppose will take the best part of 6 months. When it arrives my stainless Ruger 30/06 Canoe Paddle stock will be traded off.

I am thinking of using the 125 gr Ballistic tips as they shoot slightly flatter to 300 yards and even 400 yards compared to the heavier 150 gr Nosler and I will not shoot beyong 400 yards as the drop at that range is 19" or there abouts.

I have never owned a .308 before so don't know what to expect, I expect this heavy cz to shoot alright as my hunting cz's shoot fine.

It was a toss up between the laminate and this model with the HS stock and I am kind of fond of the alumimium bedding block in those stocks and this is what this one has.

Hopefully I have made the right choice over the laminate, I can change if needed.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.308 is a damn good killer. go with synthetic stocks. wood is pretty but rots and warps. if your shootin far go synthetic

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Varmint,

The above order was cancelled, I do not like the way cz does there .308 length rounds on the 30/06 length action.

So what has happened is that I traded a rem 700 22/250 & Ruger 30/06 in on a rem 700 .243 and a rem 700 PSS .300 RUM, am looking forwards to having both guns up and running !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote